Monday, December 14, 2009

Skijorrrrrr!

Thanks to our scant amount of snow so far, say a whopping 2 inches...the skijoring and sledding on the sled hasn't happened yet.

So I went down to the river to check out the conditions and.....

WHEEEEE!!!!!!!!!  We weren't down at the river at all last year, not sure why - because it is soooo much fun. Look at the fun the dogs are having! This is also notable as this is the FIRST time Ivy (cowdog) has been loose with this crew. I feared for everyone's safety with her and Gracie and George loose together, but with the G's getting on, almost 10(!!!), they must be mellowing out.

It helped that I had them chasing the skidoo and in that excitement there is no time to think about the new dog joining them on the trail.

I started out with Harris, just trying one dog at a time to start.


The others are loose and not bugging him too much. He's focused!



Obstacles in the trail won't stop us!


Or my skis, luckily!


Ok, one dog not fast or crazy enough - let's try two!



















This is me not working very hard, which is apparent by the ski poles hanging there in the air... haha! It's why I love skijoring - it's fast and crazy and if you go short distances, you really don't have to work too hard!



That said, they got a bit tired on the way back and I actually had to work! Poling was impossible as poling on ice doesn't get you far, but I could skate ski, so that was certainly enjoyable. :)








I love how they're leaping together here.



The view from my pant leg.


Milling about after the run. We did about 7km, until we hit (not literally) a tree we (I) couldn't get under. Need to take the chainsaw on the next trip!

Are we done? Can we go back to the couch yet? We hear the wood stove calling our names!

3 comments:

Fawn said...

"The view from my pant leg"??!??!?!?!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Classic!

Katrina said...

I agree. Hilarious! I need to remember to NOT read your blog in the library while 'studying'. Random bursts of laughter equates to embarrassment and evil glares.

dogsled_stacie said...

It's not everyday you get to see that view eh Fawn? Me either!

Katrina - well it's kind of necessary though, some mindless drivel to mix up your focused, serious study sessions! Now get back to work! :)