Sunday, December 06, 2009

Holy Sunrise!


So bloggers and the papers were posting the amazing red sunrise we had yesterday.  The Yukon News has a beautiful picture up right now, check it out. I woke up to blazing red coming into the loft  and tried to snap a few pics on my point n' shoot - this camera can take a HELL of a beating - it's survived being dropped countless times, run over by 4-wheeler, dropped in snow, temporarily lost in snow, drop-kicked, chewed on my canines... but can't quite capture the redness of the sun. Oh well, at least it still works!
























My little spindly tree in front of the cabin. I debate with my inner-self often whether or not I should chop this ugly sucker down but it's kind of grown on me...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No leave it up and decorate it. It has character. Mom

Kathleen said...

Red or not, those colors are beyond beautiful. I especially like the pink to gold area and how purple the show looks.

Can you decorate your spindly tree to give a Charlie Brown look?

vglnt1 said...

just wondering if there was any storms expected later. the old sailing rule. red sky in the morning sailor take warning. many times holds true. anyway it sure was pretty. ken

Bernese Mountain Dog said...

Great pictures! Nice scenery and beauitfully rich colours!