Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas! (Warning: this post has been hijacked)

Merry Christmas Everyone! Yay, time to relax and hang out with good friends and eat, drink and be generally merry! In the next few days, we've got plans for skijoring, tobogganing (damn that's hard to spell!), relaxing, watching episodes of The Office on DVD (thanks for the great present, Stacie! I never disappoint myself with the gift giving...) and loads of movies, reading some new books... or... sleeping. :)

The dogs are in fine form and enjoying the mild weather we have here now, -5C! Add a few feet of snow and things would be even better!

Ok, I'm being bothered here by a little white Tasmanian devil-of-a-dog who needs to have her say, so here you go you little twerp (she thought I was emailing Santa, wouldn't believe me when I told her I wasn't):

Hi Santa! This is Pooh Bear! writing on behalf of Chaos Kennel dogs. Ok, the rest of them don't really actually *know* I'm writing, but that's ok 'cause I'm sure they're TOTALLY fine with it!  I have had a bit of time on my paws while Stacie-human is at work all day and I've been thinking and planning HARD about what I... er, WE, deserve. We've been VERY GOOD dogs, I swear.  I planned to get this sent off BEFORE Christmas Day but Stacie kept me off the laptop for most of this past week, it's all HER fault! I was composing this list in my head but y'know, things come and go out of there pretty fast.   


But it really doesn't matter because you are amazing enough to know exactly what I... er, WE, want. So I'd like to thank you for the following:


  • Dog beds - even though I am usually moving too much to actually use one for any length of time, I hear the other dogs REALLY REALLY like them.
  • Frozen fish - I know you had nothing to do with it but I still love the frozen Arctic Char, I could eat it every meal and then some!!!!
  • Cookies - dog cookies from the Feed Store - they give us a FREE BOX every Christmas. Thank you, welovecookies!!! Ok Santa, you had nothing to do with this one either I hear. What's up with that? 
  • Tennis balls - TENNIS BALLS, need I say more!?!?!? Ok, you did give us all tennis balls! Yay! (But secretly I think you really meant for them all to be just for me... right?)
  • And the very bestest present in the history of the canine world:


OH-MY-GOSH-I-LOVE-IT!!!! I mean WE will love it as soon as we can convince Stacie to get out there and shoot some balls off for us! Thanks Grandma Marilynn!!!! You're the best dog-granny in the world. Ever. I will spin in one thousand circles for you today! Hee heee I'm giddy with excitement. I need to chase a ball!!!!!!!

Since this year was so fantastic I will refrain from asking for the following gifts until next year:

The Dog Umbrella, Santa - maybe an Easter present?


Oh how awesome would this be in the summer!?!? Santa comes every month right?


I would like one of these very much but Stacie says something about the cat not being included? Can you say RIP OFF!



This multi-ball flinger-thingy will be great if Stacie's arm ever tires from the SLINGSHOT! Hee hee.



Oops! I hear the snow machine start, I think we're going for a run, I think we're going for a Christmas Day run I better go!


Oh one more thing, I better grab my toque - thanks for that one Santa! (that is a model below, not me, I can't stand still like that for pictures! Who can?? Is that dog drugged or something? Why is he/she not panting? Or jumping up at the camera? Or spinning in circles?! Weirdo.)



Gotta go, happy-merry-christmas-and-joyous-new-year-and-i-hope-the-dogs-in-your-lives-got-loads-of-presents-and-pets-just-like-us-and-if-not-get-on-it-eh?!?!  Byeeeee.

3 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

Pooh Bear never struck me as the literate-type! I guess it just goes to show that you can't judge a dog by her antics.

Rambling Retiree said...

I KNEW Poo B would have the best Santa letter ever! Looks like Mom can surf the net for interesting gifts too (how did she like the shower curtain?) Best of everything in the new year Staci and troop, look forward to more blogs.

vglnt1 said...

that P.B. is something. got a laugh out of that one. wishing you a very happy new year.